The practice was founded in 1957 by Colin Dove and originally located in London Road, Romford. As patients and local medical practitioners became familiar with the benefits of osteopathy, the demand for osteopathy increased and new premises had to be found. In June 1986, the practice moved to its current location. Whilst developing the practice, Colin became involved in teaching osteopathy both within the UK and abroad.
In September 2000, Colin expressed a wish to retire from practice and sold the practice to Emma Chippendale and Roy Knightbridge. Emma and Roy planned and carried out further adaptation of the building and expansion to take it to its current size with six fully equipped treatment rooms and a disabled access toilet.
In July 2008, Nancy Nunn was invited to join the partnership. She brings her knowledge and expertise as both Head of Education and a clinical tutor at the Foundation for Paediatric Osteopathy to the running of the practice.
The Partners at the Colin Dove Practice have all been involved in osteopathic education. Emma Chippendale teaches undergraduates at the British School of Osteopathy. As Head of Education for the Foundation for Paediatric Osteopathy, Nancy Nunn lectures and teaches at both undergraduate and post-graduate level within the UK and abroad. Roy Knightbridge is taking time out from osteopathic education in order to fulfil his role as a consultant osteopath for the European Golf Tour.